Monday, April 22, 2013

Earth day 2013 with Sally Hansen

I won a blog contest! Woot!!! From the sweet KarenD at Frazzle and Aniploish
I was sooo excited. She gave away the same amount of polish as the number of years she has been on this earth...Earth Day...see that connection there. *wink* Thank you Karen!!!

I used Sally Hansen Tropical Brights to do my Earth Day mani. It was fun and intricate. I thought it would be easier than it was. But I will try it again!

My entire hand! The shock



My awkward right hand.


I was going for an interwoven theme. "I knew you before you were woven together..."
I used a piece of waxed paper and painted about three coats of polish of all three colors. Parrot, The Sky's the Limit, and Temptation. Then with craft scissors I cut the paper and the dried (after a day or two) polish into the rick rack strips. I painted my base colors. Most nails were blue, some on my right pink and some on on my left green. Then I stuck the strips on (sans wax paper) and topped it off with top coat. Some of them smeared a little.

Will you try something like this? I need sharper scissors!
Have a great day! 

4 comments:

  1. Hey there I am so grateful I found your web site, I really found you by error, while I was researching on Digg for
    something else, Anyways I am here now and would just like to say thank you for a incredible post and a all round exciting blog (I also love the
    theme/design), I don’t have time to go through it all at
    the minute but I have saved it and also included your RSS feeds,
    so when I have time I will be back to read a great deal more, Please do keep up
    the excellent work.

    Feel free to visit my site diets that work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations for winning the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks super! I love both the pattern and the combination of colours :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to read your comments and welcome them. I try to respond to every one. It's so nice to know someone is "listening".

I do maintain a "be nice" commenting policy. Comments that are strictly offensive, spammy, self-promotional, or mean-spirited may be removed. I'm really sad to even have to add that sentence.